Friday 5 June 2009

warm rain




i've started to lie down in the empty bath and let the shower rain warm rain unto me. it feels incredibly safe. i'm not sure if this is pregnancy stuff, but the feeling is like being back in a womb environment, like a complete envelopment of warm. when you're in a normal bath, it's nice, but your head stays above the water (mostly) and there is no major splatter. this thing that i'm doing; lying down in empty bath and having warm rain splatter on top of me is totally different experience, i can do it for hours (but then feel guilty for the over the top water usage, so i'm not doing it for hours, ha).

warm. rain.

i am on the verge of entering into week 31 of pregnancy. that means that the baby is now approx 14-17 inches in length and that his eyes could be fully open (they are fused shut for a long period during pregnancy). if he decides to come out at 38 weeks, there are only another 8 weeks to go, if he comes at 40, 10 weeks! it's awesome and incredible and amazing to think he'll be coming out so soon.

part of me simply can't wait! another part of me can't quite believe it all still. there is a baby inside of me with an actual face, nose, hands, feet .. wtf? it's amazing and literally unbelievable. another part of me has all the usual worries; will he be ok, will the birth go fine? will he have down syndrome or another birth defect, etc!

also, when i look at this (baby in utero at 30 weeks):



i feel just a tad bit nervous at how narrow the vaginal canal seems compared to that melon of a head! ;))

my body needs more and more rest. i easily sleep 10-11 hours each night, easily. it's weird, because you really have a lot less time during the day. i keep not understanding 'where the time went' and then i remember; oh yes, i sleep like there is no tomorrow.

a friend of mine send me a pile of baby clothes! it's amazing, all his clothing requirements have been covered by what she sent through! the baby now has more clothes than me and andy together, lol. it's all so cute, all the little baby grows, hats, trousers, shirts, brain explosion stuff, of course.

some people have asked us if they can contribute something to the baby. as i'm worried people might buy more clothes (which we really don't need!), i've created a baby wish list!! if you'd like to send a little pressie for baby (or mummy, hee), feel free to have a browse on the wish list, which can be found here:

Tam & Andy's Baby Wish List.

:-)

any contributions would be deeply appreciated, obviously! :)

i am working hard on the awesome art journal course which commences this monday!! i get a lot of joy from creating the videos and sharing my creative process with people who are interested. to those who have signed up; a big deep thank you. registration is still open if people want to sign up!

i'm also incredibly chuffed by the fact that so many people have bought the world of whimsy course on DVD! i've now had to invest in a printer that prints onto DVD to cope with the demand. i feel blessed and lucky to be able to make a living out of art and teaching.

in other news; the weather here in the uk has been awesome. i am always surprised at what a difference a sunny day and blue sky can make!

hope everyone is having happy times too, wherever you are.

x

10 comments:

  1. I'm afraid that 'has been awesome' is right. It's horrible and grey outside again.... :(

    Lovely blog! Babynews always makes me happy (and insanely jealous..)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eheh i know about the 'has been', i'm kinda in denial about that! thanks for dropping by eveline! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so desperate for my pay cheque to clear so I can get the dvd. I'm planning to buy one for my friend who missed the course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww it's all so exciting , my friend is due in 2 weeks, she doesn't know whether it's a boy or girl though so she's really looking forward to the suprise :)

    Micki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely to see how your bump is progressing! When I was pregnant I remember being in the bath and accidently knocking the side of the bath with my knuckle, the baby jumped! It's the weirdest thing in the world thinking there's a real person in there and let me tell you it's even weirder looking at your adult child and wondering what they did with that fragrant precious baby they used to be! It's incredible.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwww, you bring back such sweet memories of when I carried my children. It's a beautiful time, enjoy it! Not to depress you or anything, but my first son was 23 days LATE! My second was 6 days late and my last was 3 days late. We're a little slow here in ND! haha I have no sisters so I based my pregnancy on my mother's experience and she was always 1-2 weeks early. Needless to say, I was a bear by day 23(late) with Derek! It was July, it was hot and I was bloated! I gained 45 lbs with him and lost 33 before I left the hospital. My feet were so swollen that my sandals wouldn't stay on my feet when I left the hospital, too big! ha

    See? I had sweet memories too! LOLOLOL! You paint a much more serene and beautiful picture that I did, right? :)
    Love and hugs to you, Andy and the little kickin' one! Can't wait for you to share all that is to come!
    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck hunny, and remember (when you get the heebie geebies-which is normal too!)that you are a gorgeous amazing woman and thus MADE for baby birthing... You will be amazed at how natural the process can be, a loving partner (even though at one stage you may feel like grabbing him where it hurts lol!) is a great gift and you will keep the experience in your hearts forever afterward's <3 Remember birthing is like running a race, there is a beginning, middle and end... and a present when you complete it! X:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exciting time for you Tam !!..a little wonder in a few weeks...am so happy for you !!...take good care of yourself !! xx Dani

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yay rhomany!! thank you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. @micki, thank you! hope all goes well with your friend's birth!

    @jessie! i know, the whole concept is just surreal eh!! :)

    @darla; WOW 23 days late!! that sounds like a nightmare!! hope this guy is sorta coming on time! thank you for sharing! x

    @nollyposh, thanks for the support and reminding me that yes; i was built for this and it will be ok! :D i do have an incredibly partner so i feel very safe and supported with that in mind! :) thank you!

    @dani; thank you for you support angel! xoox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me. I appreciate you! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...